Monday, February 18, 2008

sorry for this being so late...

Here is the poem that I wrote back towards the beginning of the semester. It is in some way a personal reflection of who I am and I attempting to make it more of a stream of thought exercise, rather than a polished product.

Me
I like the color green,
but don't always associate me with that color.
I love coffee,
but don't assume that I like it with creme.
I am a great friend.
and not.
I am intelligent.
and not
I am beautiful.
and not.
I am gay,
but don't assume that I'll sleep with you just because you're a guy.
I love to sing,
but don't ask me to give you an inpromtu concert.
I like to dance.
sometimes.
I call my parents.
not enough.
I am in love with the thought of being in love.
I have a boyfriend,
named Mint Chip ice cream.
I have dreams.
and lots of doubts.
I have big lips.
The better to kiss you with.
I have long legs.
The better to run away with.
I try.
To live.
And be.
That's why.
I'm me.